When using filezilla on Windows, literally I tried connection many times/ways and it didn’t work. I ended up being banned by fail2ban/firewall. Rebooting the vps didn’t help. Hence, I needed to manually un-ban myself.
It actually happened again, so I think it’s time for writting it here in case others folks have same issue.
- First, I tried to confirm if my IP was blocked, and this command shows list of IPs current blocked/ban:
sudo iptables -L -n
- Find public ip address. I was not sure what my public IP address was, so In computer where I do ssh access, Google for the following to obtain public address (currently blocked by firewall/fail2ban): my public ip address
- Find the jail name. I was not aware how to do this, but in fail2ban.org site documentation I found this command which lists all current jails:
sudo fail2ban-client status
- With information from point 1 and 3, I ran the following command to un-ban my ipaddress:
sudo fail2ban-client set sshd unbanip 999.999.999.999
- Try ssh access and it worked this time.
For sure I will come back to this guide :p